Friday, March 14, 2014

Lenten Practice - Day 9


Lenten Practice - Photo A Day

Dirty Snow - Day 9 - March 14


The end of our driveway has a pile of dirt on the top of the snow bank - I comes, I think from two sources - a couple of days ago the township grated the snow pack off the road and piled some of the excess snow at the foot of the driveway - and then the snow is melting slowly - four degrees today and as it melts the dirt shows up.  I think this is a truth for our humanness as well - as the outer layers of ourselves dissolve the grime and guck that we have picked up along the way gets exposed.  And for a while - it sits exposed until it can be washed away by the spring rains.  Seems a little like grace.

Psalm 95:7-9  For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture,
   and the sheep of his hand. O that today you would listen to his voice!

Do not harden your hearts, as at Meribah,  as on the day at Massah in the wilderness, when your ancestors tested me, and put me to the proof, though they had seen my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment