Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Lenten Practice - Day 7

Photo A Day - Lenten Practice - Day 7 - Flying Finches

The bird feeders have had plenty of action today - and I discovered that my computer's camera can make my pictures seem alive like "Harry Potter" pictures - but it give the effect of what is going on in the feeders - one bird, a few birds, many birds - they all fly away and it begins again.  No matter how many times they come to the feeder - and no matter how many days they find food and safety here they are still very skitterish - and the least movement - even inside the house has them all flying away - but not too far - just to the edge of the property into the apple tree.  I am thinking that I behave like this in some way - not ever completely trusting some situations, being ready to fly away at the slightest sound or movement.  Sometimes this is a good survival skill yet at others this behaviour deprives me of opportunities because I have flown away before they begun.

Psalm 119: 64 The earth, O Lord, is full of your steadfast love;
   teach me your statutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment