Friday, August 2, 2013

A Hobby

I have been reading Terry Tempest Williams book An Unspoken Hunger.  In it she remembers her grandmother telling her that it is important to have a hobby, something to possess you in your private hours.  I have been pondering this - because quilting and fabric art is one of my hobbies and it does possess me but I let the mundane things of everyday keep me from pursuing this hobby.
I have beautiful bunch of fabric cut and ready for a quilt but I have not sewed on it since mid July and the quilting group and it was June before then.  Instead of inspiring me sitting out it brings a bit of guilt when I walk by and do not sit down at the sewing machine to work on the quilt - it is easier to sit in front of the television when I have a spare moment and not think about things- but the problem is that when I get up from the TV - I am left with a bad taste in my mouth that I should have been more productive - but when I sew - I feel that the time is well spent.
I need to be possessed by my hobby more often!!

No comments:

Post a Comment